Sunday, September 4, 2011

Slime? Really?

Alex, the hubby, and I have been talking about getting bikes for some time now. When I say we talked, I mean, we *really* talked! It was more of dreaming about them than actually doing it. I mean, who *really* wants to exercise in all that heat anyway when you can be inside in the wonderful air conditioning and shade, sitting on your couch sipping cold drinks. Okay, you get the idea. So, when one of us spontaneously convinced the other, on a day off, that we needed to actually go purchase the bikes, I think we were both very surprised.

Before we knew it, we had two shiny new bikes sitting in our dining room. "Alex," I said. "I don't think I even remember how to ride one of these things." After all, the last time I had purchased a bike was when I was ten years old! (That was a couple of ten years ago...)

The very next day, the two of us bike noobs (as Alex would say) got on those very shiny new bikes and rode around the green belt on the rocky ground. I was leading at one point and turned around to see how Alex was doing and wouldn't you know it, he was nowhere in sight.
He had found himself a goat head, right in his back tire. Poor guy had to push that bike all the way back to the car.

As we told all of our friends and family our sad tale, they all said, "You should just use slime. That'll fix it." It seemed like everyone in the world, except for us, had heard of slime.

So, $8 and 2 hours later, I had finished filling our bike tires with green slime. Who would have known that green slime would fix bike tire holes? Seriously?

1 comment:

  1. Slime. Who knew? (Actually, my bike-repairing eldest son loves it.)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete