Saturday, July 14, 2012

Garage Sales and Gourmet Cupcakes


Cupcakes literally help cure cancer.  At least these cupcakes do.  (Thanks for that inspirational phrase, Hollie!) 

(Cancer Fighting Cupcakes)

After weeks of planning and coordinating, numerous phone calls, facebook posts, text messages, and little reminders, my fundraiser was ready to go.  Numerous friends and family members dropped their “junk” off at my in-laws’ home on Friday night for a giant garage sale on Saturday.  It was sweltering in the sun and there was so much stuff to sift through. Some was awesome.  Some was trash.  But it was all appreciated.

Every person who donated items or time that weekend is a hero. Every person that posted something about the sale on their facebook page is a hero.  Every person who stopped by on Saturday and bought something is a hero…especially those who were heard to say, “Keep the change.”

I can’t name every person who helped because I am afraid I would leave someone out; there were just that many.  But each person holds a special place in my heart for the incredible work they did that weekend.

However, two very special and talented ladies do deserve to be recognized.  When I mentioned that I was going to be having a garage sale they volunteered before I had a chance to even ask.  My friends Hollie and Ashley made gourmet cupcakes for the sale and they did an amazing job.  Ashley even stayed the entire time to sell them.  The cupcakes were a hit and brought in quite a bit of money!  I couldn’t have done it without the two of them.

Thank you to each one of you who have supported me this far and who continue to support me every day!  You know who you are. =)
 
P.S. We made $600 in one day.  So, yeah.  You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment