Sunday, November 11, 2012

Catching Up

I apologize for the gap in posting.  I finished my half marathon almost a month ago and haven't done a whole lot of running since.  No, I am not being a slacker.  I've been recuperating from surgeries. 

Crossing the finish line
Back in July I started to have wrist pain.  When I went to the doctor a couple weeks later, he said it was probably a cyst and sometimes they go away on their own.  So I waited for a few months hoping it would get better.  It didn't.  It just got bigger.  Finally, the week after my race, I went in for surgery and had it removed.  While it is still sore 3&1/2 weeks later, it sure feels a lot better than it did.

After the race
Along with the wrist pain, I also found a lump in my breast.  I had an ultrasound and a mammogram (which are not fun, for those of you who have yet to experience that delight) and they told me it was probably a fibroadenoma.  Fibroadenomas are almost always benign, but it has been the "almost" part that gives me the heebee-geebee's.  After a few weeks of me worrying about a biopsy and not really wanting to be poked in such a sensitive area, the doctor's office called me and I broke down and scheduled it.  The biopsy was this week.  I won't find out the results until tomorrow. 

Surgery takes a lot out of me!  I got super super sick after the wrist surgery, and have had less energy and desire to do anything than usual.  But, I am finally starting to feel like myself again!  Yay!  I even started sewing again today; something that I haven't done in about 5 or 6 months. 


Posing after the color run
A few weeks ago, I did get up the courage to do a short 5k.  Mom and I walked the "Color Run" in Boise and had a blast!  I love hanging out with my mom. :)

(And yes, I realize that the pictures don't match, but I forgot to get them posted before!)

3 comments:

  1. I read about the color run after it happened--that looked like so much fun!

    I hope they find out that the lump is nothing. We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy you are such a trooper! You are so strong, and have accomplished so very much! Congratulations on completing your marathon, and the color run looks awesome! You are in our thoughts and prayers, glad to hear your wrist is feeling better, and we hope your test results come back saying everything is ok. Please let us know when you find out, and if there is anything we can do for you! Love and miss you lots!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly! I'm glad your wrist is feeling better and I hope the biopsy is benign.

    ReplyDelete